Welcome! Want to gain muscles? Or, add some mass to your body or want to shed some pounds of weight. This article will assist you to successfully achieve your health and fitness goals through a workout plan. It is a fact that an appropriate and tailored workout plan with unique workout or strength training is vital when your aim is to achieve the desired physical appearance.
Irrelevant of the fact that your aim is to get into a good shape by starting today or you are already training but planning to gear up your fitness plan a little bit for improved muscles, abs and core strength, we will walk you through a workout plan tailored for your needs.
A general definition of a beginner is who has been training for less than a year, an intermediate is one who is following a fitness plan or workout routine for at least a year and an advanced level is the one where a person has been following a workout plan or strength training for at least one and a half year.
Depending upon this categorization, you have to select one of the following workout plans for you and follow it with consistency. Never try an advance level if you do not qualify or you will end up failing miserably. Read the word “consistency” again and remember it as the key to the success of your selected workout routine.
Workout Plan: For Men at Home
Many of us can’t afford time for visiting a gym daily. Therefore, the home is the alternate gym where we can workout with the freedom of time, though workout plans following a specific time always yield better results. With a few equipment, your home gym will be a great way to change pace and get an adorable shape.
Always add a cardio e.g., running or cycling if your ultimate goal is to shed weight. If you are starting now, do the following workouts at the weekends or on alternate days (3 days a week) to start with and gradually make it at least six days a week.
You only need a strong flat weight bench and weight-adjustable dumbbells to start with. These are conveniently available at your nearby retail store or you could always grab the adjustable dumbbells online. So, let’s start with focus on the whole body.
1st Day: Workout Plan for Shoulders, Abs and Legs
Please ensure an interval of a minute at least between the following.
- Start with legs: jumping jacks and squats @ 3 sets each with 5-10 reps (add dumbbells in squats)
- Front lunges @ 3 sets with 5-10 reps (adding dumbbells is optional)
- Calf raises @ 3 sets with 8-10 reps
- For Shoulders: start with shoulder presses @ 4 sets with 5-10 reps (in standing position with a wall)
- 2 sets of upright dumbbell rows @ 3 sets with 5-10 reps and,
- Lateral dumbbell raises @ 3 sets with 5-10 reps each.
- For Abs: start with simple abdominal crunches @ 2 sets with 8-12 reps each and move to crunches with legs raised @ 3 sets with 10-15 reps each
2nd Day Workout Plan: Focus on Back and Chest
- For Chest: start with pushups @ 3 sets with 5-10 reps each.
- Floor press @ 2 sets with 8-12 reps and move to bench press (Add dumbbells as you advance)
- Add dumbbells fly @ 2 sets with 10-15 reps each
- For Back: 3 sets of bent over rows (with dumbbells) with 5-10 reps
- Then do dumbbell rows (one-arm) @ 2 sets with 10-15 reps each and,
- End the 2nd day workout plan with dumbbell pull-overs @ 2 sets with 10-15 reps each
3rd Day Workout Plan with Focus at Abs and Arms
- For abs: the best way to start is the plank @ 3 sets with 20-30 second holds. It will make your core strong and will work your abs.
- For biceps: start with bicep curls @ 3 sets with 8-12 reps for each arm, then seated arm curls with dumbbells and in the end concentration curls, both @ 3 sets with 8-12 reps
- For Triceps: start with triceps extensions overhead @ 2 sets with 8-12 reps each, then do bench dips @ 3 sets with 5-10 reps and lastly, perform dumbbell kickbacks @ 2 sets with 10-12 reps each.
To summarize with, the above given workout plan at home is for all and sundry and includes all the basic/essential exercises required for gaining strength and achieving sizeable muscles with minimum equipment. All the reps and number of sets are suggestive and can be customized according to your needs and goals. These are not hard and fast rules, therefore, feel free to allow to your body to become accustomed with your workout routine. For more insight into the fitness plans, please visit: